High-Performance Storage Engine for Demanding Applications
The promise of Big Data has remained largely unfulfilled for MySQL. Until now.
TokuDBTM is an open source, high-performance storage engine for MySQL and MariaDB that dramatically improves scalability and operational efficiency. TokuDB is for Big Data applications with demanding requirements that are not met by the your current storage engine, and reduces the deployment costs associated with scaling and optimization efforts.
|Benefits for Developers
||Benefits for DevOps
TokuDB is a drop-in replacement for any other storage engine (including InnoDB) so you can switch engines without changing your application. TokuDB replaces 40-year-old B-tree indexing with patented Fractal Tree® indexing technology to dramatically improve performance, increase compression, and give you support for hot schema change.
Try TokuDB Today
No code changes are required to try TokuDB. TokuDB is open source, and is available in both a Community Edition and an Enterprise Edition. The Enterprise Edition comes with hot back-up and free support for 30 days.
Toketek offers the following resources to help you get started:
- Documentation – user guide and analyst reports
- Webinars – getting started and advanced topics
- Community support – Google chat group
- Professional support – free for 30 days with Enterprise Edition
TokuDB – Key Features
- MySQL Performance, MariaDB Performance: With up to 20x or more improvement in insertions and indexing, TokuDB delivers faster, more complex ad hoc queries in live production systems without rewriting or tuning applications. Offering high MySQL performance and MariaDB performance even when tables are too large for memory, TokuDB scales MySQL and MariaDB far beyond either InnoDB or MyISAM.
- MySQL Compression, MariaDB Compression: By leveraging write-optimized compression, TokuDB achieves up to a 90% reduction in HDD and flash storage requirements, without impacting performance.
- Hot Schema Change: Hot Indexing enables ad hoc queries to run fast with realtime, optimized index support. Hot Column Addition/Deletion/Rename gives database administrators the freedom to rapidly define and add new fields.
- No need to rebuild indexes: Providing immunity to database aging ensures no more query slowdowns, no more dump/reload, and no more need for dedicated maintenance windows.
- No slave lag: with high insertion rates, TokuDB addresses the common and persistent problem of “slave lag” in which a replication server is unable to keep up with the query load borne by the master server.